fbpx
by JoinMyTrip Logo

Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Jane Ernst
      Participant

Hi guys!

I’m planning on going on a little adventure in the USA this summer/fall. Can anybody tell me if wild camping is allowed in national forests or national parks? I thought of going to Yosemite, Sequoia and maybe a park more to the North (tips are welcome :D).

Thanks for helping me!

Rose Mary Grace
      Participant

It is sometimes allowed and sometimes not – You can’t camp wherever you wan’t, it needs to be officially ”signposted” so your best bet would be to always check for the specific park you are going to. Sadly I don’t have any recommendations for cool parks where you can wildcamp though sorry 🙁 hope someone answers your question

Jane Ernst
        Participant

Thank you very much for your insights! 🙂

Niels MueWi
      Participant

When I was in Yosemite and Sequoia it was not allowed. Pretty sure it is still not especially now that there will be quite some people out there. Would be interesting where it is actually allowed. Did you research that, Jane?

Jane Ernst
      Participant

Hi Niels, thanks for your reply! I haven’t researched it yet but I asked another friend and they told me about this website: https://www.boondocking.org/AllSites where you’re supposed to see free camping sites, but I’m still not quite convinced 😀 I guess I’ll just check for camping grounds in general, but I’ll let you know once I find something!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.