fbpx
by JoinMyTrip Logo

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      wil
      Keymaster

Hey guys,

I want to travel through Germany this summer and I need some recommendations where to go. I know the big cities, like Hamburg, Berlin or Cologne. Maybe you have some secrets favorite places in Germany. πŸ™‚

Thanks

Valeska
      Participant

There is a small medieval city called Rothenburg ob der Tauber in the south of Germany that I really like. It is well known for being the inspiration to Walt Disney for the Pinocchio movie. Maybe you could check that out! πŸ™‚

Alexandra
      Participant

Theres too many to narrow it down from… i love the north/baltic sea because you can just relax and chill by the water. St. Peter Ording is a beautiful stretch of beach, especially in the summer months this is a lovely place to visit.

I agree with Alexandra, maybe also Timmendorf or Cuxhaven. Both are in the north, at the coast.
      Pretty much in the middle of Germany you could visit Fulda. It’s a really small city but very pretty!

Juliana Rouhana
      Participant

I just got back from Monschau, it was soo cute! Total fairytale village with lots of little bridges.

Anna Dung
      Participant

Wow it’s really hard because there are so many beautiful cities and areas.

I really like the Mosel area to go hiking in the Wineyards (and to drink wine haha).

I visited the β€œHarz” last year and I was really impressed. Stunning nature. Super beautiful cities, ruins, castles, and perfect for hiking lovers!

Akshaya Hebbar
      Participant

I am close to Harz! I can completely vouch for it being the dream for nature lovers anytime of the year. Every other week I am at Harz for a Hike.

I also like to visit schloss Wackerbarth in Radebeul during summer time because of their Vineyard landscape. You can just sit there for hours drinking wine πŸ˜€

Lisa
      Participant

Passau is amazing! Only about 2 hours from Munich, it sits near the Austrian and Czech border. In fact, you can drive to the mountain where the three borders meet, either hike the easy, or the more adventurous path, and have amazing views!

Passau is known as the city where the 3 rivers meet, which also means many great hiking trails nearby. But it’s also a university city, meaning a great selection of bars and restaurants!

Tobi Lukan
      Participant

I would like to visit any of the above recommended cities, so whoever is planning one soon could let me know about it.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.